Chapter 79

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Zhou
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zhou »

With this chapter, Oogure-sensei must have set a new record for amount of beaver shots in a non-hentai manga, surpassing even Oku Hiroya's Gantz.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. :wink:
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Wow. So there was a lot of talk about "meat" and "game cocks" in this chapter.

Seriously though, it seems that the girl Shidzuru could be Kabuto's sister because Inue said that she didn't break like her brother from Souichirou's punch.

Also, the last few pages talk about the meat and how Ishiyumi was used. That means that Souichirou was supposed to steal his power when Ishiyumi was doing surveillence. So Inue is helping Souhaku build on Souchirou by stealing the strength of other "meat" making Souichirou stronger with every blow, right? Crazy.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

solidis1 wrote: So Inue is helping Souhaku build on Souchirou by stealing the strength of other "meat" making Souichirou stronger with every blow, right? Crazy.
That sounds possible, seeing as Souichirou can steal Dragons and Inue can control him. I wonder why Inue is following Souhaku when she has such a powerful technique. I hope the next chapter shows the relationship between Souhaku and the tournament.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:Wow. So there was a lot of talk about "meat" and "game cocks" in this chapter.
The game cocks really only means "fighting chickens" - that is just what they are called. Fighting chickens sounds utterly lame though.
solids1 wrote: Seriously though, it seems that the girl Shidzuru could be Kabuto's sister because Inue said that she didn't break like her brother from Souichirou's punch.
Not at all; Shidzuru's family has a last name (don't recall off the top of my head, but it is in the script) and that has nothing to do with the Kabuto family. This was a different person that we don't know much about, just got a bit of his back-story. Seeing some of the other people that Souhaku's action effect.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Not at all; Shidzuru's family has a last name
Kamura Shidzuru
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

When she goes to try to kick Souhaku a dragons leg is clearly shown. Does this mean her family had a dragon's gate. Maybe they are a branch family. We still don't know what the Kabane's family power is or Kago's.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

EliteF22 wrote:When she goes to try to kick Souhaku a dragons leg is clearly shown. Does this mean her family had a dragon's gate. Maybe they are a branch family. We still don't know what the Kabane's family power is or Kago's.
I'm pretty sure she is, too bad theres no list of the 36 families. I think every family can learn a variation of a dragons gate (Ex: Dragons Eye > Dragons Pupil). Look at Inue, shes not part of the principal 12 families and she has the "Dragons Roar".
The so-called "7 dragons" that live within everyone and govern the powers of Wood, Fire, Metal, Water, Wind and Air
It is different for different people. For some, it is through the study of martial arts, or others meditation, or thought, or emotions, but
Once the "Dragons" have devoured enough "energy" to be invoked, the gate is opened for the first time, and a "power" is born
I thought Kago's power was Necromancy, but that could be a power he is manipulating from the Kabane familiy. The UJ Special said that Kabane had something to do with corpses.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think the minor Dragon abilities were only present with the subortdinate families of the Red Feathers.

It was never expressly stated, but think logically! Only the red feathers have the "eight" Dragon Gate ability. The White Feathers can manipulate the first seven gates (like Ishiyumi's "water dragon"), but they don't have the major powers like the Dragon Eye of Dragon Fist.

Subsequently, we have known only of the Red Feather scions exibiting major or minor Dragon Gate technique. Shin and Aya for Natsume, Souichiro for Nagi, Mataza for his mother family (I don't remember outright, but I think his mother was from one of Shoujou subordinate families, though I may be wrong).

We don't know exactly where Shindayuu falls here, but my guess is that Inue is one of the Kago subordinate families, since her Dragon Roar is similar to Kago's yet unnamed dragon that can manipulate people.

Now, Shizuru seems to be one of the White Feathers, since she used martial arts to attack Kago, insted of "magical" powers.

So, combining all of that together, does Kamura family have a minor dragon gate ability? I would guess not... but they woul probably be able to manipulate the lesser "elemental" dragons. Just not the Eighth Gate.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Subsequently, we have known only of the Red Feather scions exibiting major or minor Dragon Gate technique. Shin and Aya for Natsume, Souichiro for Nagi, Mataza for his mother family (I don't remember outright, but I think his mother was from one of Shoujou subordinate families, though I may be wrong).
What about Tetsuhito? He seems to have a better hold of the "Dragon's Plam" than Hotaru, even though he's a white feather and he probably hasn't been practicing it as long as her.

I agree with you that Shindayuu is probably a White Feather, maybe a Branch of the Kabuto familiy for her fighting ability. Also, that Inue might be a branch of Kago.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

pv82 wrote:What about Tetsuhito? He seems to have a better hold of the "Dragon's Plam" than Hotaru, even though he's a white feather and he probably hasn't been practicing it as long as her.
Since Maya (?) was surprised at this as well, I gather it's a plot twist and quite uncommon. Thus, Kagiroi's ability is probably still a mystery for later on.
I agree with you that Shindayuu is probably a White Feather, maybe a Branch of the Kabuto familiy for her fighting ability.
You mean Shizuru?

As for the logical "master"-family for Kamura.

Ishiyumi use archery, Tsumuji - spears, Mawari - blades.

Kabuto Jr. used close quarters combat, but his family specialty is tactical planning, rather than fighting.

We still don't know Kagiroi specialty, except that the serve as rear guard of the Takayanagi.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Tetsuhito is still a mystery, and I'm sure there will be a lot of focus on his story as more chapters are made. Well, I certainly hope so at the very least. If I remember correctly, even Oh Great hints--in the interview from the Ultra Jump Special--that he'll play a significant role in the future.

Then again, he could simply be a result of many intermarriages over the years. Mataza's Dragon's Claw stems from the mother's side of the family, and yet he was still officially affliated with the White Feathers. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm also not really sure on that one..)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

That's correct.

In eastern cultures, both a woman can marry into a man's family, or vice versa, depending on social standing of the family. Thus, Souichiro is a Nagi, because he is raised by his mother and Souhaku is aparently an outcast.

But feather powers can be inherited from both sides. Though it is unknown whether one can have more than a single ability (if two clans intermarry, for example). I'd say, it should be possible, but we don't know for sure.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

The game cocks really only means "fighting chickens" - that is just what they are called. Fighting chickens sounds utterly lame though.
Kentucky Fighting Chickens... I'd buy that... :P
With this chapter, Oogure-sensei must have set a new record for amount of beaver shots in a non-hentai manga, surpassing even Oku Hiroya's Gantz.
Huh? Gantz doesn't have that many beaver shots. Mostly boobs.

And this has been hinted at in previous chapters, but has anyone considered that Soichirou and Tetsuhito might be directly related? Tetsuhito does not have to have Hotaru blood to have the Dragon's Palm. All he would need to have is the Dragon's Fist...
Zhou
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zhou »

Agent_Wax wrote:Huh? Gantz doesn't have that many beaver shots. Mostly boobs.
There were lots of them in the first 4 or 5 volumes, especially in the title pages.

About chapter 79, can anyone tell exactly what is going on in the third panel of page 22?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Zhou wrote:
Agent_Wax wrote:About chapter 79, can anyone tell exactly what is going on in the third panel of page 22?
Thats probably a profile of Shizuru damaged face. She's not going to be going on too many dates after that. I assume she's still kicking her own face (thanks to Inue) and Nagi is blocking those kicks. It would be messed up if Nagi ends up raping her but then Oh Great is known for through that kind of stuff into the story.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Yeah, he's getting kicked in the side of his face, because Inue is being a bitch and making that girl kick herself in the face and Souichirou is trying to prevent her from further hurting herself. And he still doesn't know what his dad is planning to do with him.

As for Tetsuhito and Soichirou similarities, I seriously doubt that Tetsuhito is related to Souichirou. If that was the case and Tetsuhito had the Dragon's Fist I don't think Souhaku would have needed Makiko in the first place. The fact that Tetsuhito can probably use multiple dragon gates, doesn't mean he needs to be related with Souichirou. It could just mean that he can use one of the first 7 gates and have the specific 8th gate that the Hotaru family possesses. This is hinted at when Aya first meets him and says that he is different. If he was similar to Souichirou I think she would have said so. The only thing they say that is similar is that they have multiple dragon gates.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

As far as Tetsuhito goes, anything is far game. He's a big mystery

He could have a Red feather mother or learned the Dragons palms form somewhere else.

In the fight that Makiko lost her arm, doesn't it seem like she was fighting both Kago and Tetsuhito. Since Tetsuhito had that tattoo thing on his face, which I assume comes put in moments of intense fighting.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Does anybody have a direct download for this chapter, raw scans? I can't use BT. You can send it to me via private message.
Arigatou.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:In eastern cultures, both a woman can marry into a man's family, or vice versa, depending on social standing of the family. Thus, Souichiro is a Nagi, because he is raised by his mother and Souhaku is aparently an outcast.
Yeah, it seems that Oh Great is going for a traditional, clan-based family system for his story. He's definitely got a lot of room for more characters since he's got 36 families to go around with.
EliteF22 wrote:As for Tetsuhito and Soichirou similarities, I seriously doubt that Tetsuhito is related to Souichirou. If that was the case and Tetsuhito had the Dragon's Fist I don't think Souhaku would have needed Makiko in the first place. The fact that Tetsuhito can probably use multiple dragon gates, doesn't mean he needs to be related with Souichirou. It could just mean that he can use one of the first 7 gates and have the specific 8th gate that the Hotaru family possesses. This is hinted at when Aya first meets him and says that he is different. If he was similar to Souichirou I think she would have said so. The only thing they say that is similar is that they have multiple dragon gates.
That's a good point. Moreover, if Tetsuhito possesses the Dragon's Fist, wouldn't that also mean that he got the Dragon's Palm from someone else? I'm sure that would've caused a commotion among the Clans but so far, there's no sign of that. Plus, the only known active user of the Dragon's Palm is currently helping Bob and Makiko get back on their feet.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

pv82 wrote:In the fight that Makiko lost her arm, doesn't it seem like she was fighting both Kago and Tetsuhito. Since Tetsuhito had that tattoo thing on his face, which I assume comes put in moments of intense fighting.
Yeah, I thought that too. Maybe while Tetsuhito and Makiko were fighting he cut her arm when she wasn't paying attention. Considering Souhaku's personality, I think it would suit him.

Although, I've thought of something: seeing as Kago pretty much wants to have a powerful "game cock", and doesn't care about his subordinates, it could be that he was trying to get Makiko to "eat" Tetsuhito powers (thus the two were fighting, that would explain the tatoos) and whe she failed (that would explain the dragon scar on her eye) Souhaku quickly disposed of her, telling her to "go back being just a normal woman". What do you think?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think Souhaku never really planned to use Makiko as a powerful "game cock." I do think he intentionally had Souichirou, knowing that an offspring would probably be stronger. As for cutting off her arm, well if you already got what you want why risk having another "game cock" running around that you don't control. Plus, Souhaku doesn't seem like the compassionate type and porbably has killed his subordinates before, but instead of killing Makiko he just cripples her. That could mean that he does harbor some feelings for her.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

damn I lost track... it somtimes feel that there more than 8 dragon gates.... let see so far we have the dragon's eyes, claw , fist , plam , watergun , roar, and now the dragon's kick. wtf are they really going to make nagi eat all these damn dragons. he probably overload himself and die if he doesn't learn how to use them right. I can just image how powerful the fucker would be if he can use all these at the sametime.

I really doubt that nagi will rape the new girl since he that much of a fag. unless he being controll than he'll probably do it. I'm still trying to figure out how will smashin her make him any stronger. I think kago's notice his son is somewhat of a homo and tryin to force him not to be one ..... hmmmm.....that could be it.

I'm tired of waiting for this damn tourment to start I want to see who going to fight who already.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Zhou wrote:
You're right... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thassa rotsa beaver...
But ... I like... :twisted:

Has no one noticed that Shidzuru is modelled after Chun Li?

And where does it say that Soichiorou would rape her? He was just trying to help her...

And Kabuto, that useless prick, looks like he's finally dead...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:And where does it say that Soichiorou would rape her? He was just trying to help her...

Inue implied
We still have some "meat" left over, We'll let him "eat" in another kind of way

while she was talking to Kago. Now on one side you would probably say hes too much of a good guy to rape her, but this is TenTen and anything goes. :shock:
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Yeah, I sort of feel that it was a lost opportunity by killing off Kabuto without seeing how he fights. But, still his character must have been meant just to show off how Nagi's development has been coming along. Maybe now Nagi is a real match for Ishiyumi since the first time they fought.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Is he dead? I though he just got really messed up.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I think their is only so many darts a person can take to the face without dying, even in the TT world.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I fear Oh!Great might pull off a Fu...

Not Frankie Fu, necesserely, but he seems to insert cripples into the story once in a while.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, there was that part with the coffin...

I just got to wondering though... I'm going to be making a wild guess, so I hope you guys don't mind, but what if Souhaku's scheme is to pit Souichirou and Testuhito against each other during the final phase of his plan? Just think of what the winner could possibly gain from that fight. I think it would sort of explain this "game cocks" metaphor.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:Well, there was that part with the coffin...

I just got to wondering though... I'm going to be making a wild guess, so I hope you guys don't mind, but what if Souhaku's scheme is to pit Souichirou and Testuhito against each other during the final phase of his plan? Just think of what the winner could possibly gain from that fight. I think it would sort of explain this "game cocks" metaphor.
That sounds logical, I wonder how long Testuhito will be loyal to Souhaku. He seems like he's not imtimidated like Kabuto, and he's kissing Souhaku ass like Inue. Look at Fight 75, he could have helped Frankie Fu but he did the opposite, and Kabuto got punished. Does anyone feel like Ishiyumi is going to go Kamakaze on Souichirou?
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

pv82 wrote:

That sounds logical, I wonder how long Testuhito will be loyal to Souhaku. He seems like he's not imtimidated like Kabuto, and he's kissing Souhaku ass like Inue. Look at Fight 75, he could have helped Frankie Fu but he did the opposite, and Kabuto got punished. Does anyone feel like Ishiyumi is going to go Kamakaze on Souichirou?
that would be a stupid move on Ishiyumi part. he barely won the first match he had with nagi and without his dragon there no way in hell he has a chance to win for even min 5. nagi upgraded alot since that time.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:
Agent_Wax wrote:And where does it say that Soichiorou would rape her? He was just trying to help her...

Inue implied
We still have some "meat" left over, We'll let him "eat" in another kind of way

while she was talking to Kago. Now on one side you would probably say hes too much of a good guy to rape her, but this is TenTen and anything goes. :shock:
Yes, I think that is right. They were expecting him to get some sexual gratification out of her. I thought that was strange; I wouldn't think Nagi would do that - not because he's gay, just because what type of guy goes and rapes someone just because they are in a room together? Then again, I also wouldn't think that he would have fought with random people that they brought in either. I guess they work the situation into a kill or be killed sort of thing.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't think that is related - those "coffins" have people trapped in them that Souhaku and Inue force to fight with Souichirou. I think you're thinking of the coffin that held Shidzuru, who allowed herself to be captured (remember, Inue was surprised that they were able to capture her) so she could get closer to Souhaku.

As for Kabuto, I don't know if he's dead or not - Oh! Great often makes things look worse than they seem. I never thought that Ryuuzaki would have been ok, but he just ended up in the hospital. Well, and sodomized by Nagi and Bob (betcha DC doesn't let that stay in.)

The whole Kabuto thing was much more interesting for the angle that it put on Ishiyumi. My guess would be that, while he really doesn't like Souichirou, he's much madder at Souhaku, who was just using him to further his own ends...
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I've thought of Tetsuhito being more of a comrade in arms with Souhaku, with Souhaku being the dominant of the two and Tetsuhito subservient willingly.
Inue implied while she was talking to Kago. Now on one side you would probably say hes too much of a good guy to rape her, but this is TenTen and anything goes.
... Rape her? One would think "eating" would be in context with previous happenings, as in "eating" someone's powers by beating the crap out of them, not having sexual intercourse with them.

Unless Souhaku plans on raising Souichirou's libido and giving him mad Sex Powers for the tournament, I'm leaning on the "fighting" interpretation.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

But she did say, "eat in another way", so I agree that she implied sex. I don't know, maybe it was just wishful thinking on Inue's part, as if she was "giving" Shizuru to Nagi. But the rest was upto Souichirou and like Fugu, I don't think he is that kind of guy.

As for Kagiroi, I think he is much older than the rest of the F, if he was like that 8 years ago. Maybe in his twenties. He seems to be Souhaku's loyal servant, but I would guess that he worked with him much longer than the rest, so Souhaku and Tetsuhito have a much more respectful attitude toward each other than the rest of the gang.

Also, didn it seem like Ishiyumi was going after Nagi or after Kago? He seemed mad at both.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:I don't think that is related - those "coffins" have people trapped in them that Souhaku and Inue force to fight with Souichirou. I think you're thinking of the coffin that held Shidzuru, who allowed herself to be captured (remember, Inue was surprised that they were able to capture her) so she could get closer to Souhaku.
I wasn't totally being serious on that one. I just think that if Oh! Great was mixing up his motifs, then a coffin would definitely go in line with something like Zombie Fu. Perhaps they're means of restraint or control.
Rev wrote:that would be a stupid move on Ishiyumi part. he barely won the first match he had with nagi and without his dragon there no way in hell he has a chance to win for even min 5. nagi upgraded alot since that time.
Well, he still has that body of his, right? Didn't Ishiyumi limit himself with those braces back in that chapter? Even though Ishiyumi released his own Water Dragon back then, we didn't exactly get to see his full power. Who knows what he's truly capable of. Now that he has lost his Dragon, I have a feeling that he'll have to rely on his physical abilities more.

The problem is, Nagi was a greenhorn with the Dragon's Fist during that time. He's different now, and stronger--but his power has a price. Anyway, we'll see how this turns out.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:But she did say, "eat in another way", so I agree that she implied sex. I don't know, maybe it was just wishful thinking on Inue's part, as if she was "giving" Shizuru to Nagi. But the rest was upto Souichirou and like Fugu, I don't think he is that kind of guy.
I haven't read the raws with Fugu's translation yet--heck, I just browsed through the raws--but I also find it strange how "eat in another way" could imply something sexual in nature. Were there any foreshadowing clues or anything of that sort that point to this?

EDIT: Hmmm. Ok. I just read it. I guess it's from the way she says those lines, huh? But it also seems that she was teasing or mocking the both of them. Inue's mannerisms have a tinge of malice in them, and it's quite difficult to figure out what her plans are.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Well they did bring her in w/o any pants on...though she's obviously a character to throw into the whole love triangle (square? pentagon? whatever it's up to now) My guess is her and Nagi team up and (finally) escape go back to the dojo and since we've already had the Aya vs Maya fight we needed a new chick to fight Aya over Nagi, which would be a cool fight :D
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Simultaneous Shizuru vs Aya vs Madoka and Nagi vs Masa. 8)

Coooool... 8)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't see Nagi escaping again. I do think that Shizuru knows a lot more about his father than Nagi does himself. He might learn more about what his father's been up to from her. I get the feeling that Souhaku is going to throw Inue and Kagiroi out in front of Souichirou at some point so that he can eat their dragon's. Kagiroi feels more like a back up plan, just in case Souichirou for some reason is not usable. Souhaku doesn't necessarily need Inue to control Souichirou. All he needs to do is feed him enough so that it causes Souichirou to lose control and he'll pretty much destroy anything around him. I'm looking forward to the role Reiki is going to play. Oh! Great has shown that the sword has something to do with the Red Feather's and their abilities.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kk1 wrote:Well they did bring her in w/o any pants on...though she's obviously a character to throw into the whole love triangle (square? pentagon? whatever it's up to now)
It starting to turn into a love rubix cube, and its annoying the hell out of me. Less love crap more fighting please.

Is it me or did Ishiyumi look really skinny in this chapter, I could have sworn he was more swolen in Vol. 9. Does that happen when you lose your dragon?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Only explanation I can think of is he had those restrictor rods in his chest and arms, which I assume would push out his muscles, but still he was drawn soo buff before it seems reaaly weird. Some frames even seemed to be drawn just to emphacize his shoulder muscles, though he did always look skinnier in clothes the sleeveless shirt should still show off his arms he almost looks like he has Mataza's(spear guy) body. The only other explanation I can think of is Maya said she wouldn't get healed using the Dragon's palm because it uses up your own ki.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I was upset by that, too but I think it comes from Oh! Great's changing art style. Remember in the first chapter, Nagi is seriously buffed out but sort of looks more "realistic" in Volume 9 and 10. Same with Maya/Aya. They are supposedly only slightly taller than Nagi but in early chapters they are extremely thin. Ok, forget that, obviously the girls are a bad example of proportion but the other point is legit.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote: I'm looking forward to the role Reiki is going to play. Oh! Great has shown that the sword has something to do with the Red Feather's and their abilities.
I thought it just resonated with their powers, though old Takayanagi did say that Shin was using it to control his power (though Bunshichi thought its what gave him his power). Of course that never made sense to me since Maya's dad gave it to her why would she (the only one w/o the Dragon's eye) need it when the other 2 kids are the ones who need it(if it does help control their power).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:I think Souhaku never really planned to use Makiko as a powerful "game cock." I do think he intentionally had Souichirou, knowing that an offspring would probably be stronger. As for cutting off her arm, well if you already got what you want why risk having another "game cock" running around that you don't control. Plus, Souhaku doesn't seem like the compassionate type and porbably has killed his subordinates before, but instead of killing Makiko he just cripples her. That could mean that he does harbor some feelings for her.
I think he was just using her and when she became so powerful that she became a threat to him he cut her arm off, maybe also as a way to get her to not raise Souichiro to use his power knowing she would die if she tried to control his power with only one arm( which of course almost happened, rember she told Nagi's dad she tried to raise Souichiro to be normal but couldn't).
All these Dragon's and gates have me confused anyway, does Nagi and his mom have the same power? Can she "eat" others powers or just Nagi? It seems more like she just aborbs Dragon energy (like she did to Nagi) When Maya visited she was surprised someone could absorb so much energy (and it reminded her of Mitsuomi absorbing Shin's energy) and the spear guy said the Dragon wastn't "eaten". And if the demon exorcists have the 8th gate, no other family has, why was Nagi's gate the first gate? I read the UJ speacial but am still confused.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

kk1 wrote:Of course that never made sense to me since Maya's dad gave it to her why would she (the only one w/o the Dragon's eye) need it when the other 2 kids are the ones who need it(if it does help control their power).
I think his father feared that Reiki could possibly trigger his Dragon's Eye. Of course, after the crap that's happened, Shin really had no problem triggering on its own.
kk1 wrote:All these Dragon's and gates have me confused anyway, does Nagi and his mom have the same power? Can she "eat" others powers or just Nagi?
Yup, they have the same power. The Dragon's Fist is what the Nagi Clan is known for.

As for Makiko and Souhaku, I've always wondered whether the two of them were married or not. It seems to me that Souichirou was born out of wedlock.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

solidis1 wrote:I was upset by that, too but I think it comes from Oh! Great's changing art style. Remember in the first chapter, Nagi is seriously buffed out but sort of looks more "realistic" in Volume 9 and 10. Same with Maya/Aya. They are supposedly only slightly taller than Nagi but in early chapters they are extremely thin. Ok, forget that, obviously the girls are a bad example of proportion but the other point is legit.
I thought Aya was as tall as Nagi (or a little taller) but Maya was taller than both of them? I know we get Nagi and Bob's heights from that one pic of them in a police lineup and Asshat mentions (or guesses, and accurately I assume) Aya's measurements(smaller than Maya's too :shock: ) but do we ever get official heights for any of them? Going by that one pic aren't Nagi and therefore Aya like 5'3"?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Aya is taller than Nagi but just by a few inches. I think she's half a head taller, but I'm really not sure.
Last edited by kujoe on Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kk1 wrote:
EliteF22 wrote: I'm looking forward to the role Reiki is going to play. Oh! Great has shown that the sword has something to do with the Red Feather's and their abilities.
I thought it just resonated with their powers, though old Takayanagi did say that Shin was using it to control his power (though Bunshichi thought its what gave him his power). Of course that never made sense to me since Maya's dad gave it to her why would she (the only one w/o the Dragon's eye) need it when the other 2 kids are the ones who need it(if it does help control their power).
I think he gave it to her so that Shin and Aya wouldn't go crazy. That whats great about this manga, most of the powerful dragon abilities come with a price. Dragons Eye seems to make the user insane. Dragons Fist eats away at your body if used in excess. Dragon Palm seems to use stored ki from the injured victim to cure them. I think even the power Kago used hurt him, remember when his spells were broken he suffered a head wound.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Not only a head wound, but several severed fingers as well...