Fight 81

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 81

Post by Agent_Wax »

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ whoa.. *drools*
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

man can't wait for fight 81. WOOT. And all I can say is "WHOA HUBBAHUBBA" for that Tekken 5 pinup. Asuka Kazama is just gourgeous in tekken 5. She's my new fav girl of that series. I'd love to be paul in that pic LOL. Heh the fight 81 cover sheet is pretty nifty. Aya writing "I love Souichirou" and him chasing her. Ah I cant wait for this chapter. Finally some relief after a hard week of tests. YAY! I don't know but mysteriously I want aya to hook up with nagi all of a sudden. :? weird.....
Last edited by HappyStealer on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Woah... Tekken! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Yay, some great weekend reading after a crappy week of work.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Please let me know if anyone finds a torrent. I would like to start translating it, despite being pretty busy right now.
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

FuguTabetai wrote:Please let me know if anyone finds a torrent. I would like to start translating it, despite being pretty busy right now.
Sorry ... I have only a direct link :wink: : TENTEN 81

Look attentively the page 07, in the picture of Masataka we can see Sugano (Asshat) to flee :lol:
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

Hey, I don't suppose that means there'll be some kind o' Tekken 5 manga...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ahh what a tease that Maya-Mitsuomi panel was cool though, guess we do have to wait for the tournement :(
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

AHHH..... no fight between nagi and ishiyumi. WHoa was nagi about to use the water bullets against ishiyumi? Wait I think he did use it... thats what cut Ishiyumi's arm. Ishiyumi and Shidzuru looked surprise at what nagi was about to do. Damnit. Translations please. LOL. And the way he bit his arm, kinda vicious.... Poor nagi, finally being able to meet up with maya again. He must be happy. Aya is probably gonna be happy too.... Masa is gonna be on the boulevard of broken dreams....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Spawn wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Please let me know if anyone finds a torrent. I would like to start translating it, despite being pretty busy right now.
Sorry ... I have only a direct link :wink: : TENTEN 81

Look attentively the page 07, in the picture of Masataka we can see Sugano (Asshat) to flee :lol:
I've got it now, thanks. I can start translating, but I'm pretty busy so I probably won't be able to do much with it for a while.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

WooHoo, pretty cool chapter.

Remember how all the storylines diverged earlier when Nagi went to Kyuushyuu? How we had to separetely follow Nagi, Maya, Masataka and Mitsuomi and had to wait a month (or more) for each new storyline installment. Well, I think they are converging back once again. Which means... the Tournament is right around the corner.

All in all, I was a bit disappointed not to see Kago act as was promised in the last chapter, but hey, this was good too. Pretty original for Oh!Great, I'd say.

Did you see how Shizuru reacted to Nagi's whole outburst with Maya? Seems like Nagi's harem might have a new occupant. 8)

Also, did anyone notice the bull's scull on Mitsuomi's shirt? Bull's scull is Bob's symbol (like lion for Mitsuomi, fish for Mana, panther for Masa, etc.). Does that mean that Bob is now firmly with Mitsuomi?
Last edited by MrProphet on Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

speaking of bob.... it been so long since we even got a glance of him. I wonder if he'll be strong when the Tournament comes. well looks like nagi will have a lil foursome going on. aya, maya, and Shizuru. poor masakata will be alone.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

looks like Maya took a page from Izumi's fashion. The necktie and dress shirt.... 8)
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

might I say nagi is a player. Man he gots a bunch of cute chicks after him. :twisted: LOL. Heh maya seemed relieved to have nagi back. and its funny how madoka just came with mitsuomi. Haha I think that ishiyumi would of gotten his arse kicked by nagi. NOt really the dress shirt, she's always worn it like that, the necktie is something new tho.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Anyone else thinks that Nagi is a certifiable "mama's boy" and that Maya looks way to much like Makiko for his affection to be anything but that? 8)

Actually, that would explain a lot. Nagi, being raised by his single mother is attracted to the woman who is so similar to her...
Last edited by MrProphet on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea, I'm not sure whether maya likes him in return or not. Seems to me as if she is more of the maternal type. But what aya said about Maya not knowing herself as much as she thinks is still something that I wonder about. Thats probably why i think its still out in the open.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Oh man, I am *really* happy that Nagi finally got out of his prison - that was just a boring part of the story, seeing Soichiro, and always Soichiro, and more Soichiro. I hope that we'll see other people than him in the next chapters...

Hmm. At least, I don't think that Maya will end up with Soichiro now. I just cannot imagine how a woman like Maya could develope real feelings for such a crybaby. Not really pimpish, but women tend to like helpless guys, must be part of their own natural instinct to protect and care for the weak. Well, it seems we must rely on their experiences with Nagi. Aya is dumb, we all know that, so she'll probably stick to him, but Shizuru seems to have at least a bit of a brain besides a gorgeous body... mmhh, might be a candidate for Masataka in the end, who knows? :D

Anyway, it's about time we get to see how other people than Maya, Mitsuomi and Soichiro prepare for the tournament... what about Bob, Aya, Masataka, Isuzu or Tagami? I'm really curious if the latter two end up as cannon fodder, or get at least *one* fight in the whole manga where they actually win.
Bomb me, please.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I really dislike the new Super Saiyajin Nagi look. He was so gorgeous when he first transformed, but I suppose this new look is used to deliberately mirror Shin or something.

Another thing that I've always been wondering: When Nagi transforms and uses his Dragon Fist, his hair and arms change (or used to change) to black. Did Mama Nagi have a similar transformation?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:I really dislike the new Super Saiyajin Nagi look. He was so gorgeous when he first transformed, but I suppose this new look is used to deliberately mirror Shin or something.

Another thing that I've always been wondering: When Nagi transforms and uses his Dragon Fist, his hair and arms change (or used to change) to black. Did Mama Nagi have a similar transformation?
Everyone who uses a dragon gate has something turn black(since it's a black dragon) or in Aya and Shin's (and the little kid, Mouki's)case they're pupils become dragon like.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Maybe Nagi has some kind of Dragon Hair gate? :twisted:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I think nagi's super saiyan transformation rocks. He looks much cooler than his spikey, blonde hair. Nagi has gotten much cooler in my books. From what I've seen its a great thing that he was crying when he saw maya. Instead of being portrayed as the badass "I wanna kick your ass type" he's actually much more the emotional type now. I was kinda tired of seeing the same genre of the main character being the "I'm going to kick your ass" type. Its a much needed change in manga and I am enjoying it. A more emotional main character is much better than a dull "fighting all the time" character, as long as they don't make him too much of a girl, a lil is fine. I felt bad for nagi when he was captured and I am glad he is finally out and being able to meet up with old friends again. And personally I wouldn't care what happens to masa. He's my least favortie character. Only people I wanna see in the next chapter is Bob, Chiaka, Aya, Asshat, the alien looking dude(forgot his name), and the most of them all: MAKIKO-DONO! (she is by far the hottest and coolest character in the series) Maybe a lil Nagi, Maya, amd Mitsuomi but not too much since we've seen a lot of them.
Last edited by HappyStealer on Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Maybe Nagi has some kind of Dragon Hair gate? :twisted:
All jokes aside Tetsuhito's hair turns black too, I think Nagi's mom said the dragon enters through the head, maybe that has something to do with it, or probably OhGreat is just drawing it that way to make it look cool.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Not, quite. It looks more like Tetsuhito's skin turns black altogether. But it was interesting to see that Souichirou had his gate open, but was not using dragon's fist thus his hands were not black. Oh man, I think Oh! Great might go with the idea that Souichirou can in fact use the other eighth gates that he's eaten. Maybe when he gets all of them he can activate them all at once. But it was nice to see interaction between Souichirou and Maya. Anyone else wondering if all those other girls guarding Souhaku are in love with him? It would almost appear that Souhaku has his own harem.
Last edited by EliteF22 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Um, guys... you are both wrong. He does not turn black. It's called, you know... shadows.

The only thing that happens is that some strange patterns appear on his skin, that's all.

Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

I think about that all the time... a little obvious that it was shadow... somekind of aura and such...
Signature - Do i need one???
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

BLOODY HELL!!! SOICHIROU GOT A FACEFUL OF MAYA!! He's gone and done it now... Mitsuomi's REALLY going to crush him now... And wait till he meets Shin in the afterlife...

Loved Shidzuru in this chapter. That was hilarious. And Bunshichi's pal shows up again! Gotta be the unluckiest cab driver in all Japan.

The Enforcement Group and Jyuuken will have to join forces now (maybe not for the election tournament, but neither of them are likely strong enough to take on Souhaku themseles). I wonder how he's going to make it up to the old farts that he betrayed 2 years ago... but Mitsuomi knows that betraying Souhaku by rescuing Soichirou is an irretrievable move. Their only option now will be to completely crush Souhaku's forces, or to be destroyed by him in return.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Um, guys... you are both wrong. He does not turn black. It's called, you know... shadows.

The only thing that happens is that some strange patterns appear on his skin, that's all.
Umm its only colored like that so you can still see the detail, go 2 pages forward and you'll see it colored black. Tsumujis's dragon claw turns his finger tips black, Inue has a black dragon appear on her tongue, the only ones we haven't seen are Hotaru's dragon palm, and Souhaku's, though in vol 12 in one frame the white parts of his eyes are black. Shadows? Are you saying someone's holding a cut out in front of him?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote: Oh man, I think Oh! Great might go with the idea that Souichirou can in fact use the other eighth gates that he's eaten. Maybe when he gets all of them he can activate them all at once. .
Uhmm Nagi has eaten any "eigth gates" that we know of, Ishiyumi and Shidzuru's (the only 2 we know he's eaten ) aren't eigth gate dragons just the regular 7 gates ones. He probably ate Mataza's but we don't know since he's never been shown using it.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Umm its only colored like that so you can still see the detail, go 2 pages forward and you'll see it colored black. Tsumujis's dragon claw turns his finger tips black, Inue has a black dragon appear on her tongue, the only ones we haven't seen are Hotaru's dragon palm, and Souhaku's, though in vol 12 in one frame the white parts of his eyes are black. Shadows? Are you saying someone's holding a cut out in front of him?
Take a look at his pants. It's a shadow, I guarrantee it.

Same goes for page 178. It's a classic rendition of a shadow. If you put a strong source of light behind a person, his front would be shadowed.

Kagiroi does not turn black.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote: Loved Shidzuru in this chapter. That was hilarious. And Bunshichi's pal shows up again! Gotta be the unluckiest cab driver in all Japan.
Heh I love that guy, they needed to have Inue throw someone in front of him to stop the cab though.
Agent_Wax wrote: The Enforcement Group and Jyuuken will have to join forces now (maybe not for the election tournament, but neither of them are likely strong enough to take on Souhaku themseles). I wonder how he's going to make it up to the old farts that he betrayed 2 years ago... but Mitsuomi knows that betraying Souhaku by rescuing Soichirou is an irretrievable move. Their only option now will be to completely crush Souhaku's forces, or to be destroyed by him in return.
I don't see why they have to join forces. Souhaku betrayed Mitsuomi first, it's just tit for tat, he wants the fights at the election tournement and Souhaku ignored that so he's letting Souhaku know he's calling the shots, he's not his bitch like Inue obviously thought he was. And he obviously isn't afraid of Souhaku or he wouldn't have gotten Nagi. I don't see any reconcilliation between him and the Jyuukenbu or the "old farts".
Mitsuomi has been getting alot cooler lately (to me anyway), because for a long time it did look like he was just a pawn of Souhaku's but lately it's become quite obvious Mitsuomi's been running the show the whole time and letting Souhaku think that he was being manipulated. In the end it's still going to come down to Maya vs Mitsuomi, or else this whole thing has been a sham since the first volume.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think Agent Wax is implying that Mitsuomi would have to team up with Maya to defeat Souhaku. And since Maya has all the connections to the old guys, they might come on board as well.

I tend to agree that it's what he might have to do. On the other hand, we know nothing of Souhaku's forces. We know that Mitsuomi and Co have Souhaku and Tetsuhito lined up against them, but that seems to be it.

Maybe the shinto-priest-chicks will get involved but they seem like cannon fodder. Unless there is someone else there as well.

Anyway, the state Isuzu, Bob and Tagami are in, I kinda doubt Mitsuomi is going to go at it alone. And since Maya has already stated that she wants to keep Mitsuomi from sacrificing himself in this "Thousand Year War", I think that she's on board for the plan as well.
Agent_Wax wrote:BLOODY HELL!!! SOICHIROU GOT A FACEFUL OF MAYA!! He's gone and done it now... Mitsuomi's REALLY going to crush him now... And wait till he meets Shin in the afterlife...
Why should he? 8)

Mitsuomi is a haughty kind of guy who knows that Maya wants him and only him. And even if she "adopted" a bunch of ruffians for now, I don't think he considers it anything more than sentimentality on her part.

Maya and Mitsuomi is the ultimate pair! Don't mess with them, Fagi!

I mean, he has forked eyebrows, she has cockroach hair, they are MADE for each other. What does Nagi, or anyone for that matter, have to beat THAT? 8)

OK, OK, Isuzu has her beautiful croissant-hair as well, so I guess she can hop in for a threesome. 8)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:I think Agent Wax is implying that Mitsuomi would have to team up with Maya to defeat Souhaku. And since Maya has all the connections to the old guys, they might come on board as well.

I tend to agree that it's what he might have to do. On the other hand, we know nothing of Souhaku's forces. We know that Mitsuomi and Co have Souhaku and Tetsuhito lined up against them, but that seems to be it.

Maybe the shinto-priest-chicks will get involved but they seem like cannon fodder. Unless there is someone else there as well.

Anyway, the state Isuzu, Bob and Tagami are in, I kinda doubt Mitsuomi is going to go at it alone. And since Maya has already stated that she wants to keep Mitsuomi from sacrificing himself in this "Thousand Year War", I think that she's on board for the plan as well.
That's what I thought he meant I don't see it happening as it's obvious Mitsuomi thinks he can beat Souhaku without them by just casually strolling over and freeing Nagi.(he'd never do that just to be nice to Nagi or Maya, he did it because he wants the Jyuujenbu ready for the tournement like he wanted). We don't know of Souhaku's forces but Mitsuomi does and if he felt he needed Maya and the Jyuukenbu he would have teamed with them a while ago.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

You are forgetting the fact that he broke up with Souhaku only a chapter ago. So there would have been no point of allying with Maya before that.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:You are forgetting the fact that he broke up with Souhaku only a chapter ago. So there would have been no point of allying with Maya before that.
He knows what Souhaku has been doing the whole time, like when he was watching Bob and Madoka fight. He let Souhaku do those things.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Nice chapter...Oh! Great made us anticipate Nagi/Ishiyumi clash, but now he took it away :(

And Maya was in such a hurry that she forgot to do the buttons of her shirt :D~~~~
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

I wonder... the clothes Maya's wearing... is it Toudou Gakuen school uniform???

:lol: Wearing school uniform to save Nagi...

Anyway... mitsuomi teaming up with maya's team isn't bad thing at all... at any rate... they will still fight each other to finish what they've started around 2... 3 years ago....

Right???
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:
MrProphet wrote:You are forgetting the fact that he broke up with Souhaku only a chapter ago. So there would have been no point of allying with Maya before that.
He knows what Souhaku has been doing the whole time, like when he was watching Bob and Madoka fight. He let Souhaku do those things.
You are confusing the argument.

The point is, he decided to ally (if he indeed did) with Maya only after he actively moved against Souhaku.

To do so before his declaration of war would alert Souhaku to Mitsuomi's knowledge of Souhaku's dealings and thus put Mitsuomi at disadvantage.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Thanks Spawn for sharing

Very nice Chapter

We see the return of the unlucky Taxi Driver!

I am surprised Madoka got returned in one piece, even though she attacked Mits, and he also Disabled Ishyumi pretty smoothly. Maybe he's not so bad.

I am still wondering about the tournament

BTW, Does this make the end of Vol. 13? Does anyone have any news on the next Manga's release date?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, sometimes there's been a month's delay for the release of the new volume but c81 has no announcement about that, it just says that Volume 13 tank would be out in April.
Dembol wrote:And Maya was in such a hurry that she forgot to do the buttons of her shirt :D~~~~
I don't think it's physically possible to button up that shirt around "Those Two" (c) without ripping it apart. 8)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Well, sometimes there's been a month's delay for the release of the new volume but c81 has no announcement about that, it just says that Volume 13 tank would be out in April.
Yeah, that sounds right.
I don't think it's physically possible to button up that shirt around "Those Two" (c) without ripping it apart.
Not the Oh Great would be opposed to drawing something like that. :twisted:
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Agent_Wax wrote:The Enforcement Group and Jyuuken will have to join forces now (maybe not for the election tournament, but neither of them are likely strong enough to take on Souhaku themseles).
That's how I always thought things might happen. They join forces, Maya and Mitsuomi reconcile, etc, end of story. But Oh! great sometimes does something a bit different.

I thought the most interesting part of this chapter was finding out Maya's middle name :)
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Natsume Maya wrote:I thought the most interesting part of this chapter was finding out Maya's middle name :)
Very nice Avatar 8)

what was her middle name?
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

erm... and where did you get the sources for that avatar???

Ano... Natsume Maya-chan...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I just noticed that Maya is using her school tie as a sling.. :shock:

OK, is she suicidal or what? :?:
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

I just noticed that Nagi is a pretty sneaky bastard...First thing he does after seeing Maya - shoves his face between her boobs :)

Mr Prophet - Great avatar. I wanted to make one just like it but you were faster...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

I love the little touches OG puts in this book anyone notice (on page 7) behind Masa you can see Asshat running for the door?
And what is Aya's shirt supposed to be saying on the splash page where she's writing on the McDonald's window? Roman Fanta -is? (pretty funny his English is still bad and divided the word to make it try to fit, who would buy a shirt like that? "I Love Tenjho Ten -ge")
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Someone else mentioned the Asshat running away and I had to go back and look at that panel to see it. Funny how Asshat's afraid of Mitsuomi. Interesting that we see most of the able-bodied Jyuukenbu members except Aya. Wonder where she was.

As for the Tetsuhito thing, go back to the previous chapter and at the beginning during the flashback when Tetsuhito is putting Souhaku's machete away the left side of his body has those weird black markings on his skin. If that was a sign of him using his power, then it would appear that his skin does turn black.

I'm pretty sure Souichirou has Mataza's dragon's gate. If you go back to their fight, after that one panel where it shows a dragon devouring Mataza's arm, after Mataza's father tries to stop Souichirou, Mataza's crawling on the ground and his dragon claws disappear.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I wonder how many dragons Nagi has swallowed already. Well, at least it sets him up for a Deus Ex Machina later on in the manga.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

For those of you interested, I've got a few pages done in my translation. Up for your text-reading enjoyment at http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_13_Trans.html

fugu