Fight 81

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Analyzing the concept of evil is all fine and good but you'd save your fingertips if you read messages more carefully.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:The evilness in Ishiyumi's thoughts about Nagi's water dragon are only his opinion.
For the record the character used here is "凶" which is "villain; evil; bad luck; disaster". I think that Nagi's use of the Water Dragon - applying it to a lot of his blood at the same time, instead of just a single drop like Ishiyumi was able to, is what is making him say this. It also looks a bit crazier, not as clean, but that's just my impression from the dark color of the blood.
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

FuguTabetai wrote:
zip wrote:sorry to go a bit offtopic but what's the kanji/katakane for ulrtajump if i want to make a search for it on winny?
ウルトラジャンプ
and Tenjo Tenge is (if you don't know by now) 天上天下
Huge thx Fugu!
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

seriously, thanx guys and gals(if there are any). Sometimes it is difficult for me to fully grasp manga and what it is trying to say. Thanx for clearing up all these misconceptions about the nagi family.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Great translation so far Fugu, but isn't Mitsuomi speaking at the bottom of page 25? Since the bubbles don't have little "points" coming from Ishiyumi?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote:Great translation so far Fugu, but isn't Mitsuomi speaking at the bottom of page 25? Since the bubbles don't have little "points" coming from Ishiyumi?
I'm not sure. Looking back, I think you are right, and I've changed it.

Anyway, an interesting chapter, despite the confusion about what was going on with Maya at the end of the chapter.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Anyway, an interesting chapter, despite the confusion about what was going on with Maya at the end of the chapter.
Hmm well it's obvious what she said has some kind of sexual connotation judging from Nagi's nosebleed and Mitsuomi's head spinning, have to ask around for someone in a hentai forum if they know :twisted:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think anyone'd go crazy if a girl said that to him... with or without the connotations. 8)

Could it be the same thing as "general" in earlier chapters... Although, "buchou" doesn't exactly fit the "master" profile.

Must have something to do with Maya asking Makiko to sacrifice Nagi, or whatever...
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Maybe, she mixed it up with the master-slave S&M relation. I could see her saying, "Brat, from now on you are my bitch!!!." (Souichirou faints)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

EliteF22 wrote:Maybe, she mixed it up with the master-slave S&M relation. I could see her saying, "Brat, from now on you are my bitch!!!." (Souichirou faints)
I doubt that the connotations would be the same across languages.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

That would make a great doujin, though!
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

great translation fugu. Always appreciate ur translations since they make more sense than othrse and it is more clarified. Btw, what is happening in the last 2 pages? Let me be your master? wth?
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

Fugu, have u finished translating this chapter already? i went on mirc and i didn't see it up.

sorry for being so impatient, but i'd like to get in on this conversation...hehe
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

my test translation is up at http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_13_Trans.html. I don't distribute scans though.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Do you think she prounounced it wrong (with her old man speech and everything)so that it sounded like she was asking Nagi to be her husband (since that kanji can be part of "husband")?
That was what I thought when I read it. 'Master' shouldn't garner the weird looks everyone gave her...

But my Japanese is light years behind youse guys...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I really don't know what is going on on that page. Maybe Nihonjintayler will have something to say about it when he does his translation (he sometimes does translations for Evil Genius.) I talked with a Japanese native speaker and her interpretation was the same as mine. But all your guesses are as good as mine.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Natsume Maya wrote: I read it as "Onushi wo washi ni kure!!" - "Give yourself to me!!" or "Let me have you!!"
That sounds pretty good. I've gone with that. Thanks!
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I wonder who or what they're referring to when they say a large amount of ki is moving.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Kago, maybe?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:Kago, maybe?
I suspect not, since he was talking about it as well. I think it is something that he and Tetsuhito have been trying to bring to fruition, but that might not now be completely under their control. Souichirou-related maybe?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I thought it could have been:

a) Mitsoumi
b) The Reiki (Shin's spirit perhaps?)
c) Souichirou activating his dragon powers.

It'd be interesting to see how much of a god Souichirou has become. I have a feeling he's swallowed some dragons that may become his deus ex machina later on in the series.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
MrProphet wrote:Kago, maybe?
I suspect not, since he was talking about it as well. I think it is something that he and Tetsuhito have been trying to bring to fruition, but that might not now be completely under their control. Souichirou-related maybe?
It's gotta be Souichiro, they say it after he open's his gate, plus just look at his "blood". Ishiyumi and the first time Nagi used it it just made little "bullets" just how much more ki must Nagi have now that he is able to make "that" (whatever you'd call it).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

wow, sexual content from maya to nagi. that's new. yea I think when they said large ki, it was referring to souichirou's ki since at the same time, he just activated his dragon powers and was about to use the water bullets. Has he really gotten that much stronger that his ki is felt that bad? And I don't see the reiki being that large ki. Shin boy is dead. Only person who we have seen who can activate it so far is Aya. It's a possiblity that it is mitsuomi but that is a little out there. Its like a 10% chance of it being mitsuomi's, 20% of it being some other "ki", and like 70% that it was nagi's ki. hmmmmmm.... I don't know but next chapter will be interesting. Makiko needs to get outta bed.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

kk1 wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:I suspect not, since he was talking about it as well. I think it is something that he and Tetsuhito have been trying to bring to fruition, but that might not now be completely under their control. Souichirou-related maybe?
It's gotta be Souichiro, they say it after he open's his gate, plus just look at his "blood". Ishiyumi and the first time Nagi used it it just made little "bullets" just how much more ki must Nagi have now that he is able to make "that" (whatever you'd call it).
Hmmm. Perhaps the answer is a little of both? Like Kago was planning something, or trying to "make something" and he was using Souichirou in order to accomplish that?

For now, I can find no sufficient objective correlative of sorts that would make Souichirou the primary reason for Kago and Makiko to react in such a way. Then again, Souichirou's power usually causes a reaction to those sensitive to such things. Plus, when he transforms using the Dragon Fist he certainly becomes more, well, "Shin-like"--as in, the display of his power has become darker, fiercer, more sudden all at the same time--as if you feel that something "bad" is just waiting to happen.

Ok... Maybe that's just my personal impression. Anyway, just a wild guess.
Last edited by kujoe on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Going a bit on a tengent, but Nagi - Shin-like? :shock:

Shin was badass, cool and collected... Nagi is annoying and weak. When he gets his power-up, he becomes annoying and strong.

I like him for comic relief though. He makes great faces. 8)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I didn't mean that as both of them having the same personality or having similar characterization. Just saying that the way Nagi's power has been displayed so far is having that foreboding and dark effect as it was with Shin's, though not in Shin's level. Still, a lot of things have happened so far--Nagi almost losing a leg, Makiko losing an arm (indirectly) because he couldn't control himself, whatever Kago is planning... Hence, my quotation marks around "Shin-like." Perhaps I should've been more clearer with this.

Shin being cool and collected? Hmmm... I think that's a description more suited for Mitsuomi. Shin was more emotionally driven in my opinion, and perhaps gained a lot of insight while he was still alive.

Anyway, as for who's cooler and who sucks more between Nagi and Shin or whoever, I'll leave that for everyone's personal opinion to decide for themselves.
StridingCloud
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by StridingCloud »

Shin was pretty cool when he wasn't going crazy using the dragons eye but I'd still say Souichirou is a cooler character. he's not a flat character who thinks only one way or shows just one emotion, him being happy to see Maya shows that he's a very realistic and human character. Mitsuomi is the top dog out of everyone in my opinion.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

mitsuomi is a little dull to me. He was much cooler whe he was younger. Now he's too strict so he gets boring. He got cool points when he popped Inue tho.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

What will happen next to Inue eh???

I wonder... perhaps she will be killed by Souhaku???
Signature - Do i need one???
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

as long as she's dead, i am happy. Souhaku, tetsuieto, nagi, mitsuomi, whoever maybe even the taxi driver can kill her and I'd be happy. Oh btw, since tenjou tenge volumes usually contain about 6 chapters, does this mean that fight 82 will be volume 14 now?
puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by puppetmaster »

Well in the edited Version which is out from some nameless group (?) volume 14 is said to be out in April so, I guess 82 is the last in14
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

1) It's Volume 13, not 14.

2) It's chapter 81, not 82.

3) It's not a nameless group, it's... well, You Know Who... :roll:
puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by puppetmaster »

Actually I don't know who it is.... is it Fugu? might be I missed something... but it's not the Evil-Genius Release which I prefere because of the (don't know how to say it in english) style of the letters ...

And sorry für not thinking about the Volume Number and the Chapter... my bad
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

hm, I'm wondering where Inue went after this chapter. with her leaving in a rush like that, makes me wonder if she has another superior aside to Souhaku she's gonna run off to and rat.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

marcus32 wrote:hm, I'm wondering where Inue went after this chapter. with her leaving in a rush like that, makes me wonder if she has another superior aside to Souhaku she's gonna run off to and rat.
Girl gets hurt. Girl runs to it's parents to get help. Haven't you ever seen that? I wonder what Inues daddy is going to do to Mitsuomi...
Bomb me, please.
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

were Inue's parents one of the founding families helping Nagi?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I think Inue is from one of Sohaku's branch families.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote: For now, I can find no sufficient objective correlative of sorts that would make Souichirou the primary reason for Kago and Makiko to react in such a way. Then again, Souichirou's power usually causes a reaction to those sensitive to such things. Plus, when he transforms using the Dragon Fist he certainly becomes more, well, "Shin-like"--as in, the display of his power has become darker, fiercer, more sudden all at the same time--as if you feel that something "bad" is just waiting to happen.
Remember red feathers can feel the resonance of when another red feather is using their power, in an earlier chapter Makiko could feel Aya using hers across town so I'm sure if Nagi has been storing up a huge amount of ki she could feel him across the country.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea I remember it made her bleed in the eye. If she can feel that ki from aay when aya had the reiki, I'm pretty sure she can feel nagi's ki, which has gotten very strong, from across teh country. Plus kago said it was near completion. What else would be complete, if the entire time he was trying to complete nagi's absorbing dragon thingy? Gotta be nagi.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I'm waiting to see if Kagiroi gets fed to Nagi, since it appears that he's gonna be trying to protect Souhaku. I'm predicting that after Nagi devours Kagiroi's dragon's Souhaku will use whatever he's doing now to take control of Nagi.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Hmm...

Will Nagi be able to devour the healing palm that Kagiroi seems to have? It seems to me like he'd become really, really overpowered if he did. Imagine if he could heal himself from any wound.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

As he showed during his fight with Mitsuomi in the bowling alley, he already can heal himself. I just don't think he realizes it. The Palm seems more abouting healing others than healing ones self.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

EliteF22 wrote:As he showed during his fight with Mitsuomi in the bowling alley, he already can heal himself. I just don't think he realizes it. The Palm seems more abouting healing others than healing ones self.
the palm does not heal,just hurry up your own regeneration,in fact,you are just using your own energi too heal,and the reason for nagi fighting with big injuries,he just react against the agresive ki of mitsuomi :P

(sorry bad english :P)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Yeah, even the Dragon Palm has its price. Just like all the other red feather gates, it's not free.

In this case, the healing actually comes from the ki of the person being healed. Or wait... Is it the Dragon Palm user's ki the one being used? I kinda forgot.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

kujoe wrote:Yeah, even the Dragon Palm has its price. Just like all the other red feather gates, it's not free.

In this case, the healing actually comes from the ki of the person being healed. Or wait... Is it the Dragon Palm user's ki the one being used? I kinda forgot.
it your own ki for heal,for that reason maya can`t use it,because if she do that,it will devour all the ki gathering done for tho years>_<
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Did Mits finally get Reiki?

They way they keep brining it up makes me think its going to play a bing part in the end, like Nagi and Kago.

Has anyone found any more info on Vol. 13? Whose on the cover? Is it coming with anything like 12? Is it going to have to the Dougen Side story?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Yeah, I was going to mention the bowling alley scene, but I thought that was just a fluke with the introduction of the Healing Palm.

Since Nagi has "infinite ki" from his Dragons, isn't using the healing palm on him technically without cost? I mean, no matter how much you subtract from it, it's not going to really have any effect.